Wisdom teeth or molars can appear anytime between the age of 16 and 24 and may not cause any issues.
However, sometimes it may cause intense pain which makes any person unable to eat anything. They can cause numerous complications during pregnancy as well. Those times it is best to have the wisdom teeth removed.
Listed below are few important reasons to get the wisdom teeth removed.
Inflammation and infection
- Partial impactions and limited space make wisdom teeth cause gum inflammation and other health hazards.
- The inflammation easily spreads to nearby teeth and facilitates thriving of bacteria. In severe cases, the infections might require oral surgery.
- Wisdom teeth often erupt in an already crowded area. Thus, they push adjoining teeth causing misalignment.
- Due to misalignment, your straight smile gets completely disrupted and all hard work gone down the drain.
Difficult to clean
- They make cleaning teeth difficult and thus raise the risk to dental hygiene.
- Wisdom teeth do not facilitate cleaning and flossing and thus encourages plague and cavities build-up.
Future teeth complications
- A wisdom tooth can increase chances of toothaches, earaches, pain, swelling, infections, cysts, and abscesses.
- They also increase the risk of cysts and tumors.